Monday, September 22, 2014

The week has finally arrived!!

Oh goodness!!! The week is finally here!!! God has been preparing me for this trip for many years (at least 4 years) and the time has finally arrived! We will be leaving Thursday morning at 6 am!!!
I have many many thanks to give for those that have prayed and given monetary donations and other donations for the children of Haiti. Without your persistence, this wouldn't have been made possible. God is so good in every way!
To be honest, I had a hard time committing to the trip, at first. I knew exactly where God was leading me, but to actually do it was another story. For this being my first international mission trip, there was an uneasy feeling that I had, at first. A feeling of the unknown. I prayed that God would make His request clear and that is exactly what He did. He tugged on my heart so much, that I couldn't deny His plan for me.
Along the way and in prayer, God has placed people right where He needed them to be to ease my anxiousness. The advice that has been given, the stories that have been told, and the prayers that have been prayed, only make God's request more concrete.
So, I want to thank each of you for your encouragement and prayers! Without your help, this wouldn't be as easy as it has been! I love each of you and will share stories and photos upon my return!
Shannon
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. - Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment